Solitary Van Soundtrack

Music always played a role on the trip.
To match the landscape (Neil Young in New Mexico), enhance the mood (Black Flag in Colorado), or to keep me from falling asleep (Archers of Loaf in Iowa).
It's also the easiest way to judge me.
Here's what was played in the van:


New Mexico
Cracker - The Golden Age
Neil Young compilation (1968-75)
Pavement - Slanted & Enchanted Disc Two
Danzig - Danzig
Danzig - Danzig II Lucifuge
Pink Floyd - Meddle
John Lennon compilation (1972-80)


Colorado
Black Flag compilation (1979-85)
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head
Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Orange Disc One
Mix: Everly Brothers, Chet Atkins Picks The Beatles, The Monkees, Gary Lewis & The Playboys, selections from Sun Ra's Batman & Robin album
Breakdance compilation (see Good Riddance Colorado)
Run DMC compilation (1983-85)


Nebraska
The Who - The Who Sell Out Disc Two (Mono)
Kim Deal compilation (1990-2009)
Frank Black - Frank Black
Frank Black - Teenager Of The Year
ELO compilation (1975-80)


Iowa
Dave Dudley compilations (career spanning)
Cream/Graham Bond Organisation compilation (1964-68)
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour
Archers Of Loaf - vs. The Greatest of All Time


Illinois
The Move - The Very Best of The Move
Tubeway Army - Tubeway Army (skipping issues, ejected)
John Entwistle - Whistle Rymes
Garage Hangover compilation (1964-68)



Apparently I'm allergic to music from this century.
Or I'm just allergic to this century.


Curiously, Neil Diamond's "Solitary Man" was never once played.
But I've had that damn song in my head for the last two weeks.
Now you do, too.


Thank you for reading.
See you on the next I don't know.

5 comments:

  1. Good read. Much obliged. Sorry for leaving snarky comments on most of it, but it was my "special" way of saying, "I'm still reading because I'm enjoying it, and I'm making snarky comments mostly because i'm sort of a douchey jackass like the kind you make fun of in this blog."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jim. Glad you liked it, though I don't think you're like those douchey jackass types. You're more like the asshole that I am. See you soonish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony! I am so happy to read about your life although I am disappointed that you did not listen to Neil Diamond on this trip. What were you thinking? Porcupine Pie would have been a much better curse to hurl at readers. 😁 Where can I read about your contemporary life?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I am such a gen x disaster that I inadvertently left that last comment anonymously. There. Your old CA desert pal, Heather Anderson.

      Delete
    2. Can’t fight the Heether! I knew it was you after the Porcupine Pie reference. Thank you reading! Drop me a line at french goodbye (one word) at gee mail. I’d love to catch up!

      Delete