Silver Saddle Security

I was relaxing in my underpants when I heard the doorknob jostle.
It was quick and weird and I jumped up to the door.
While hovering in a baseball bat stance sans bat, I scanned the room for weapons.
Horseshoe lamp, framed Lone Ranger photo, travel-size deodorant.
Horseshoe lamp, I guess.


Jostling of the doorknob had ceased.
The peep hole offered a fish eye view of nothing.
Hmm.


I angled one of the leather hoop chairs against the door.
The chair weighed approximately 3 lbs.
And it was too short to wedge under the doorknob.
It would not stop anyone from forcibly entering my motel room and murdering me with a souvenir tomahawk.
But maybe it would trip them on their way to murdering me, which would give me enough time to Twitter about it.
I should join Twitter.
I'M ALONE AND SCARED IN MY UNDERPANTS IN NEW MEXICO.  WHAT DID EVERYONE THINK OF TRANSFORMERS 2?

1 comment: